Friday, February 14, 2014

Fudge Brownies





I think I should change Everything is Better with Frosting to Everything is Better with Chocolate. Just kidding, but really, almost all of my recipes have to do with chocolate. But I promise to post more than just chocolate and caramel. After these delicious guys. I've always tried to make brownie; and I've always failed. They either come out flat, dry, or just plain bad. Until I made these little bites of heaven. I guess by making my own recipe, they turned out better? I really don't know what it was, but I guess you can say these are the best brownies I've ever made.







If you want, bake the brownies in a sheet pan and cut into hearts with a cookie cutter. 


Frost with any icing if desired. I made mine look like giant conversation hearts. I sent them to my cousin in college, probably not the best dessert to ship through three states....









Fudge Brownies
makes aprox a dozen brownies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
dash of salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips plus 1/2 cups
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter 
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a small pot over medium heat, melt butter and 3/4 cups chocolate chips. Stir frequently until the butter and chocolate is fully melted, stir in vanilla. Set aside off heat
  3. In a seperate bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs. Whisk in the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. 
  4. Mix in the flour. The batter should be thick.
  5. Add in the butter mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips.
  6. Bake in a 9 by 9 in pan lined with parchment paper for 35 minute. Let cool and slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions welcome!