Monday, September 9, 2013

Block Island



My love of photography has spread over a course of a couple years. I just love the feeling of getting a good shot of something, whether it's the ocean or the sunset, it really makes me smile.

Over the summer my family and our good friends took a trip to Block Island. If you aren't familiar with Block Island, i;s a beautiful island off of RI. It has massive waves, great restaurants, and beautiful sights you can  only see to believe.


Brightly colored buoys greeted us as we arrived on Block Island
While on the island, we visited this place call the Bluffs. You begin by walking down steps on the side of the cliff. After less then a minute walk down the stairs, you hike down the rest of the rocks to a wonderful beach. The sand is soft and warm, and the cesious water crashes onto the shore, making the sound of a mother quieting her child; hushhhh. I literally wished I could stay there forever.

Photo credits to my mom, she refused to give me her camera because she was afraid I would drop it...

After a day of ice cream and sun, we hopped on the ferry to take us home. Once we docked, we drove from New London, the place where the ferry returned, to Hammonasset to have a relaxing dinner on the beach. We got two boxes of pizza and drove over to the beach. We had a magnificent view of the sunset, and I got some great pictures of the ocean.





Summer '14 please hurry!!

3 comments:

  1. We love block island, especially the bluffs! Great post and great pics for a 12 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great day! Im missing summer:)

    ReplyDelete

comments and questions welcome!