Friday, September 6, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies



Yesterday, I decided to whip up a batch of cookies. I needed just a simple cookie base, one that would go perfectly with any kind of chocolate or candy. So, of course, I hopped on Pinterest and began scouting. I came across an old pin for the perfect cookie base. And let me tell you, it was perfect.

I began grabbing leftover bags of candy and other sweets in my baking cabinet. I finally decided on Reese's Pieces, and my favorite, peanut butter chips. Since fall is right around the corner, I thought the colors would suit these preseason treats - not to mention how good they would taste together.

I whipped everything together in less then ten minutes. I love an easy recipe. After I got the dough ready, I decided to make big cookies, instead of what the the recipe intended for them to look like. Since they were twice the size, our house smelled twice as good!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
yields 12 servings

Ingredients:
            ¾ cup dark brown sugar
            ½ cup sugar
            ¾ cup butter, softened
            1 egg
            1 tsp vanilla extract
            2 cups flour
            1 tbsp cornstarch
            1 tsp baking soda
            Pinch of salt
            ¾ cup peanut butter chips
            ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces

Directions:
1.       Preheat the oven to 350
2.      Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
3.      In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugars and the butter on medium speed until smooth.
4.      Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
5.      With mixer on low, slowly add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the dough forms.
6.      Stir in the Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter chips by hand. Don’t use the mixer for this step or the candy will “smush”!
7.      Using a regular sized ice cream scooper, spoon out the dough 2 inches apart onto the baking sheets.
8.      Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
9.      Let rest for 5 minutes on trays. Transfer to cooling racks and let cool for 15 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions welcome!