Monday, July 21, 2014

Lemon Poppy Seed Tea Cookies



I made these cookies a while ago and I never got around to posting them. To be honest, I don't really know how I came up with these cookies, but I've always liked these flavors together. Most of my family likes plain desserts and these are simple cookies that go perfect with a nice cup of tea! The cookies in the picture actually have a honey and lemon glaze, but the flavors didn't work well together, so I just took out the honey from the recipe. Honey doesn't really appeal to me anyways, and I don't know why so many people obsess over it (yes obsess). Like when I read The Secret Life of Bees, I never understood how they could eat honey off of a spoon. Oh well, I guess it's just not my cup of tea, or something I'd like to put in my tea either!


















Lemon Poppy Seed Tea Cookies
makes aprox 2 doz

Ingredients:

cookies:
1 stick butter 
1 1/2 cup flour 
1/2 cup sugar 
1 egg 
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract 
2 tbs poppy seeds
glaze:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp lemon zest 
1 tsp lemon juice 
1 cups powdered sugar, sifted 

cookies:
preheat oven to 325 // beat butter and sugar // add in egg //  add in flour // mix in extracts // fold in poppy seed // roll out and cut into 2 inch circles with biscuit cutter // bake at 325 for 20 minutes

mix all ingredients for glaze // dip cooled cookies in icing

I'm liking the fact that I've been posting more often and I'm loving the feedback. Thanks everyone! Also, if you didn't notice, I changed the format of my recipes, there more simple now and much easier to follow. I'm not going to change the old ones but that's how they will be from now on. Please leave some requests for anything you'd like me to make. Hope everyone's summer is going well so far, but I'm really anticipating fall and all the fall baking; I can smell it already!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sophia!

    I just got your email. Sorry my webmail isnt working, please contact me back at vibedesign.graphics@gmail.com
    I can definitely help you out with your blog and content creation.

    Thank you!

    Taylor Foster

    ReplyDelete

comments and questions welcome!